League of Kingdoms is off to a strong start as they paid out 1277 dollars from the reward pool based on three days of activity. These rewards go to landowners, players who bought land during the pre-sale or acquired some on the open market. On average this means $4.25 per land parcel per month. Currently the game has more than 2000 active players.
At the moment the reward pool pays approximately 14 cents per day per land parcel. However, the size of the revenue split is based on the development score. Players need to be active on their land in order to increase their score and gain a bigger share.
With ten percent of all revenue in the reward pool, that means that Nplus Entertainment made almost 13 thousand dollars with the sale of in-game currencies and usable items in just three days. This revenue comes from more than 2000 user accounts, suggesting an average purchase of $6.50 per user.
League of Kingdoms is very comparable with the mobile strategy game Rise of Kingdoms, which has been downloaded by millions of gamers worldwide. However, League of Kingdoms differentiates itself by giving players ownership over virtual land, and giving them the possibility to sell resources like food, wood and stone on an open marketplace like Opensea. For example, 10 million wood costs 0.05 ETH.
Investing in virtual land
At the current rates landowners could make their investment back within 11 months. However, this calculation doesn’t take into account any value increase from the land parcel itself. The average price of land on the open market has increased by 25.2 percent according to data from Contxt.io. The amount of landowners has increased from 512 to 561 thanks to trading on the open market.
The share of the rewards differs per land parcel. Each land parcel had a certain level during the pre-sale, and higher levels were sold at a higher price. However, higher levels also obtain more rewards. Players can increase their percentage of the reward pool by having players being active on their land or adjacent parcels. This means that the development level will increase, and that benefits the landowners.
During the pre-sales gamers could buy virtual land at a discount. Later this summer Nplus Entertainment will open up its land sale again. Land will be available at higher prices. It’s unclear whether this public sale will be for all lands on the entire continent or that maybe land will be released in stages.
What is League of Kingdoms?
League of Kingdoms looks like its inspired by popular mobile games like Rise of Kingdoms. You can see this in for example the need to work together to build a strong kingdom, overpower other kingdoms and defeat monsters. Players can forge alliances between kingdoms, while they can also vote for their leaders through the Ethereum blockchain.
This strategy game basically consists out of five different layers:
- Blockchain – The first continent is running on the Ethereum blockchain, but other continents might move to other blockchains. Through blockchain technology players have true ownership in an open economy, with transparent governance.
- Land – Land is non-fungible virtual real estate stored on the blockchain. Players can earn, play, trade using the land.
- Kingdoms – Kingdoms function on top of the land. A kingdom can become a prosperous city state with a powerful army.
- Alliance – An alliance is a clan with multiple kingdoms. Diplomacy, trade relations and governance of the continent play a role here.
- Congress – Continental congress is a group of chosen leaders that govern the entire continent. They decide on rewards, dividends, and many other things inside the game.