The massively multiplayer online strategy game League of Kingdoms will have 500 landowners when the game launches later this year. The first pre-sale sold out, while the second pre-sale didn’t even reach half of the sales limit. The developers plan to release League of Kingdoms on Android, iOS and PC.
Landowners will earn a percentage of the in-game revenue, which will be paid out in DAI. Those landowners that develop their land, are most likely to attract more users. This will make sure they get a higher stake of the rewards. In this case landowners earn rewards for being active.
As a land owner you will earn two types of rewards. The first reward is the development reward. Based on the land’s development level, players will earn a percentage of the reward pool. Ten percent of all in-app purchases become the reward pool. Players can get more rewards by increasing their development level by consuming crystals or doing development activities.
The second reward is based on resources. Every land owner gets 5 percent of the resources collected within their land. Players can obtain these resources daily.
What is League of Kingdoms?
League of Kingdoms looks like its inspired by popular mobile games like Rise of Kingdoms. You can see this in for example the need to work together to build a strong kingdom, overpower other kingdoms and defeat monsters. Players can forge alliances between kingdoms, while they can also voted for their leaders through the Ethereum blockchain.
This strategy game basically consists out of five different layers:
- Blockchain – The first continent is running on the Ethereum blockchain, but other continents might move to other blockchains. Through blockchain technology players have true ownership in an open economy, with transparent governance.
- Land – Land is non-fungible virtual real estate stored on the blockchain. Players can earn, play, trade using the land.
- Kingdoms – Kingdoms function on top of the land. A kingdom can become a prosperous city state with a powerful army.
- Alliance – An alliance is a clan with multiple kingdoms. Diplomacy, trade relations and governance of the continent play a role here.
- Congress – Continental congress is a group of chosen leaders that govern the entire continent. They decide on rewards, dividends, and many other things inside the game.