Enjin has build a platform that makes the tokenization of game assets for game developers as easy as possible. It’s basically a blockchain development kit to add player-owned and blockchain-based assets to video games. Enjin Platform is a web interface build on top of Ethereum that uses the ERC-1155 protocol.
One of the interesting elements of this development kit is that developers don’t need to write any code. It also provides an easy and user-friendly way to create fungible and non-fungible tokens. They describe the process in four steps:
- First create a new project on the Enjin Platform
- Followed by linking an Enjin Wallet
- Then create ERC-1155 assets with both on-chain and off-chain data
- And finally mint the assets with Enjin Coin (ENJ) to give it value
“We are beyond proud to be able to remove the barriers to blockchain adoption and make this exciting method of value creation available to individuals, developers, and businesses of all experience levels and industries.”Witek Radomski, CTO at Enjin – press release
To celebrate the release of the Enjin Platform, the company is giving away over 5000 assets, backed by 50 thousand ENJ. That’s more than $6800 in value.
Those who compete in this giveaway, need to do all kinds of activities on social media. For example, retweeting messages on Twitter, visiting Facebook pages and upvoting products on Producthunt. The giveaway is open to everybody.
Games in development on Enjin
At the moment there’s a wide variety of games already in development that embrace the tokenization of game assets and use Enjin. Think about for example Forgotten Artifacts, Age of Rust and The Six Dragons. Each of these games allow users to earn in-game rewards, store them in a wallet and sell them for a profit on the open marketplace.
- Alterverse Disruption is now playable in a closed alpha
- 9 Lives Arena is opening up soon
- Dissolution is already live
- Forgotten Artifacts can already be ventured into
- Bitcoin Hodler is available for smartphones
- and the list with blockchain games is growing!
Also published on Medium.